All is well here.
Time is coming to an end in Cairo. It is now March 15th, 2007
and School ends on June 16th...with this coming week = mid term March break.
I arrived August 23rd 2006! 2 years in a flash!!
Most of what I will be doing during the break is sorting and packing my things.
I have been walking to the Concorde Hotel ( 3 miles walk ) and going to the Fitness Club where I am a member. I am on the Treadmill for an hour and then a swim in the outdoor pool...23 o Celsius and 25 o in the pool with desert breezes. I had lunch on the patio at the Hotel today.
I plan to go every day this week. I will also shop; take bubble baths, rest and relax.
I took my computer in for a check over. It is quite an experience going anywhere as the taxi drivers don't often speak English and I use my limited Arabic. Somehow I get there. The traffic is unbelievable as well as the driving!!!
I have enjoyed my stay here....I love my pupils and the parents are terrific!
I spent a weekend in Ain Sukhna with one of my pupils and family.
I have gone to Birthday parties.
Last week I was taken out for dinner by another pupil and his parents. It was a huge feast or banquet. Egyptian families often get together...often every weekend with the extended family.
This grandfather owns a wonderful restaurant. The meal was Egyptian and amazing....lamb- my favourite.
During the break I will go out for dinner with another pupil and family.
The end of the month I celebrate my Birthday!
Miss Heba..my assistant celebrated her Birthday the beginning of the month...so we had a little party. We have popcorn and the children call it a party and also they don't have a nap on those days...
They love this!
My visitors as mentioned before were great to have...my son Kevin & Winston; Marjory;... and Mark's twin brother Neil came twice.
Last weekend, I was at a Mais Combined Optimal Match and Technology Conference being held at the school.
The Optimal Match: "Synthesizing Best Practices and Latest Technology."
It was on Friday & Saturday.. our usual week end.
I have learned about Power Point Presentations and how to make one... and Digital Story telling.
I enjoyed this Conference.
This past week, the Pre-Kindergarten class-my pupils -had a Mother's Day Tea. This is a very special day here and is held in March. We had 50 people attend!!!!
The children sang 5 songs some with actions and gave 6 gifts..art work they had made... to their mother.
The songs:
Happy Mother's Day to you;
I have a very special friend ( to the tune of B-I-N-G-O )
I love you Mommy ( to the tune of You Are My Sunshine)
Miss Polly
I'm a Little Teapot
The parents are surprised at how much they have learned.
I had a lovely e-mail from Kevin, my son, today.
I spoke to Karen, my daughter, and all is well there.
I go on MSN with my granddaughter every once in a while.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. This was a big day for me back home.
Yes, I'm Irish!
HAPPY EASTER! too ...as it is next weekend.
Before you know it ......SPRING will be here...
.......And I will be home !!!
1 comment:
And our Angel has been hovering close about, sharing the latest of her comings & goings, as she eases toward stage right and home. Our growing restlessness to applaud is evident.
Post a Comment