Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving-Nov. 23/06

Happy American Thanksgiving that is! ....and we have a holiday. That gives me a day to sleep-in and pamper myself...yes.... a bubble bath!
 
I have had a relaxing day which is always needed.
Spent some time searching the web for information as plans are almost finalized for my trip to India at Christmas. Now Nepal has been added to the itinerary. I am really pleased that I found a terrific teacher at the school to travel with.
Any of my friends who have traveled there and can suggest anything to not miss, please let me know.
Last night I had my health shots in preparation for  India.
 
Some of my friends have said that they are going to send me Christmas gifts.  It is important to tell you that we have been alerted to the fact that nothing of any value should be sent as it may not arrive.....although I have received packages at the school from Canada... Receiving mail is a big event here for me!!  If you want a great suggestion!! and easy... just look for stickers at the dollar store. My pupils love them and they are hard to get here.
It's a big thrill for them to get a sticker even though they play with it and it isn't much good after 20 minutes!!
 
The weather is getting cool here now but not cold and rainy as I hear it is back in Canada -- even snow.
 
Tomorrow is church, then a huge Christmas Bazaar and then shopping, all with my friend Loniece.
 
Now to write some more Christmas Cards......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally got a chance to check in and see your fantastic flikr photos from Halloween. Thanks for sharing!-Kyra's mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Adventuring Angel,

This is Marge and Rene viewing your pics. They are lovely.
We hope you had a great holiday and Thanksgiving!!!
Shalom !!!! I can't believe how much fun you are having!!! Iam feeling sad that Iam not there to enjoy the fun with you.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS Marilyn. I wish I could there with you iin Cairo, but...Hope you are STILL enjoying your time there. I had hoped to hear from Ann, but to this point haven't. Keep on BLOGGING! Perhaps something eventful will happen and I'll get to see you in Cairo, befor the year is up!

Loniece