Saturday, August 19, 2006

Saturday . . .

Here it is Saturday morning and I'm still packing and cleaning at the condo! I got a reprieve on the Thursday move-out deadline because my tenant's plans changed. He'll be moving in later today, so I have to be out by noon — that's less than an hour from now. (My friend and "ghostwriter" is compiling this post for me from a flurry of notes I emailed to her last night.)

Thank goodness for the extra time, because I had to have emergency root canal work yesterday! Ouch. Glad to get that over with here in Canada, though. Going to the dentist is one thing I'd really rather not do in Cairo.

On a more pleasant note, my long time friend Ronnie, from Sudbury, helped me with some of the packing. My sister, also named Ronnie, and some of her amazing friends, held a luncheon for me and gave me a cute magnet that says: "Teachers make children count". My sister Geraldine and her husband Allan gave me some lovely bracelets and a scarf with maple leafs on it. I'm going to enjoy wearing that in Cairo! They have gone back to Vancouver now, but here's a happy picture of us with Ronnie last week. Later today, my good friend Marjory is having a BBQ. I'm looking forward to that — and to putting my feet up for a while!

I'm truly amazed and grateful for all the wonderful family and friends I have and for all their beautiful cards, gifts, good wishes, prayers, and also concern for me. I will be back next July for five weeks as the school pays my way to come home for a holiday. Hope to catch up with all of you in person then. Meanwhile ... click the link and leave me a comment!

No comments: