Sunday, August 27, 2006

Exploring Cairo

I went to a Mall by taxi twice (driving is actually CRAZY- watch out or you'll get run over!) and bought a microwave, a printer/ scanner/ copier/ and fax, and a cell phone. Also many other things. At the end of September I will purchase a water cooler.

Al-Azhar Park in CairoFriday night the Staff - old and new - were taken by the Administration out for dinner to a place called Al-Azhar Park. It was a magical breathtaking place... music... excellent food... decor incredible. (See more of my pictures on Flickr.)

Saturday we went for a walking tour, checked out some stores, then ended up with dinner. There are Mosques are on every other corner -- amazing buildings.

On Sunday - School events........Everyone (Staff and Administration) are so congenial and help us with presentations of life in the Middle East, Cairo and Egypt specifically, and life at the school. It is a 10 hour day from when we leave at 7:00 am till when we get home at 5:00 pm!! I have a wonderful helper "A lady in blue" who helps me in my class all the time. My class looks great right now. I'll have only 5 pupils!!!

I learned where to go to get my hair done..for massages.... cleaning lady...etc...

First day of classes is Sunday, September 3rd.

If you can spare a moment please add comments to the BLOG.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marilyn, Glad to see you've made it safe and sound to Egypt. I read your blog every couple of days. How's the food? Is the City as crowded as it appears on t.v.?

Take care,
Randy T