Since I updated my Blog!....My how time flies and how busy I've been!
I attended a few concerts at the Teatro Isauro Martinez. On September 24th, Valentina Lisitsa..pianist from the Ukraine played Beethoven, Schubert and Rachmaninov; and on October 15th Jean louis Steuerman..pianist from Brasil played Beethoven and Bach.
The first concert was better.
On Thursday, September 25th I saw the Ballet del Amazonia de Brasil which was fabulous!
This was my Cultural experience for the last 2 months. The ballet was so colorful and just amazing!
The beginning of October the school had the "SACS" visit. ...Southern Association of Colleges and Schools on Accreditation and School Improvement. The 6 people assessing the school from Administration to Maintenence seemed very pleased.
We should know the result this month.
There were Parent Teacher Conferences in October.
Parents were pleased.
I must say I love my job...the teachers in Kindergarten are amazing and so dedicated.
There are 15 classes all on the ground floor....one beside the other.
All the Kinder teachers have been here several years, some as many as 15 or 20. They work well together and are very Team oriented and each Level
has a Team Leader. The Resources which the parents and school pay for are very plentiful.
I have Staff meetings with all the Kinder teachers and assistants (30) and Team Leaders meetings....plus parent meetings; administration meetings; Continuous School Improvement meetings...etc...
Oct. 13th to 17th was D.E.A.R. week (drop everything and read). Parents come in to read to the class.
The Report Cards went home the same week.
"The Room Mothers" decorated the kinder doors for Halloween and what a terrific job they did. They had to use children's work or recyclable materials.
Halloween including the Parade was a very big event!
.
The last Friday of every month there is a Birthday Party for everyone celebrating those with birthdays that month.
On Nov. 2nd it was The Day of the Dead. So, on the Monday, Nov. 3rd the classes had a really big event. Many children came in costumes as skeletons and did a song and dance. They have an altar and a picture of someone who has died. This time they celebrated Dr. Seuss!. They put candles, flowers, incense, bread...
This is very BIG here in Mexico!
I hear you have SNOW in Canada. Here it is cold in the evenings, however hot during the afternoon.
Tomorrow we have a holiday.. Mexican Revolution..which is actually on the 20th. Yesterday I mailed some Christmas presents back home and went shopping with one of the teachers.
Next week we get 3 days holiday..the American Thanksgiving. Turkey dinner at the Director's home...then we will start thinking of Christmas.
A Posada party with Pinatas to celebrate Christmas and a dinner at the Montebello Club. Before we know it we will be on Christmas holidays.
I am heading to San Antonio, Texas.
I forgot to mention that I went on a school trip to the new Museum with the Kinder 2 classes...also burger King. It's amazing to see how well the 4 year olds
listen to someone telling them about Art work.
Each Friday there is a Flag Salute for the Kinder classes.... the Room parents also come in to teach about Values. This past week the Value was "Committment".
Till the next time...Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment