Saturday, October 07, 2006

There are angels all around...

I feel so comforted and cared for, by the e-mails, letters and phone calls from Family and Friends that I know there are angels all around.
I sent some flowers to my grandaughter and daughter to say I missed them and I received this sweet e-mail:
 
 hi Grandma/mom
 thank you for the floweres mom/grandma
 mommy thought she had secret admirer + we are going to see aunt Ronnie on saturday
 p.s. we loved the flowers.
 a nother p.s we love you more then the flowers
 come back soon we would wont to have you more then the flowers.love
samantha/karen.
 xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox
 xoxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoox
 xoxooxxooxoxoxxoxooxoxxooxooxoxo
 xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxo
 xoxxooxoxoxoxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxoooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Parts of other wonderful comments that warmed my heart.....
 
THANKS FOR MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE ! from Kevin.
Happy Thanksgiving!!! I will never forget the wonderful Thanksgiving dinners you had me to.
Happy Thanks giving Marilyn may the treasures you have given to others keep multiplying in the hope you shine for those of us behind. I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU, YOU HAVE LIGHT  ALL AROUND YOU

 Do take care of yourself.
 We enjoy reading of your adventure.
 I have a friend who is 96....
 I think that will be you.......in your 90s & still climbing the ladder of excitement & joie de vie!
 Keep on climbing Marilyn.....you have an amazing resume of life so far!!!!!!!! :)))))
I heard you say that you  left quickly , a matter of  60 days and you were on your way. I hear you saying that you received many communications from friends here .
Most of all your granddaughter Samantha  e mails you. She is very special to you ! Kevin Called too!
You were concerned about Ronnie , your sister. Who will care for Ronnie when you are gone? You  saw that Karen stepped in. You were concerned about the PLAG and the organization and you realized some one stepped up. Congratulation Marilyn  in letting go ………………. Our Lord provides ….Letting God.
 
I really enjoy your blog and hearing about all your adventures.Your positive outlook is still shining through even when you have problems to deal with.Your students look adorable .That's something I really miss in retirement is that I don't have enough kids in my life.My little grand nieces and nephews are too far a way.
Thanks for keeping in touch and I will say a little prayer that you will continue to be blessed with peace and joy and  good health.
 
 I've read your blog and it seems that you have settled in nicely in Egypt in your beautiful apartment and met some interesting people.  Your students look really adorable and I'm certain that they are enjoying you as much as you enjoy them. 
 
SO, you see, Friends and family are angels all around..................
 
Thursday was a National Holiday here so that gave me an extra day to the weekend. I went to Maadi - a section of Cairo that is very pretty and has lovely stores.
 I bought some silver jewellry and a HUGE Fanoose / Lantern and later brought it to the school. 
Friday, I went to Heliopolis Community Church. It was very nice. Must say MCCT was missed.
Then went for a delicious brunch at one of the teacher's home.- an Indian meal
Bought some Egyptian red wine and it is very good.
One of the nannies and the student's mother made me a big batch of Lumpia - Phillipino spring rolls. Sooooooooo delicious!!!
Today cleaned and sorted and am about to do more school work.
If you click on flickr  - soon there will be photos of the school children and Maadi.
ENJOY the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend!!.......
 
 

 

No comments: